Friday, April 30, 2010

Global bake sale is 'sweet' vegan activism

Really nice little piece on the second annual global vegan bake sale on CNN! Must confess I am not exactly sure what this is (someone please feel free to write in and let me know) but it apparently involves dessert, so yay! I love to cook/bake, so if someone gives me a heads-up next year I'd also love to participate if possible. Also, Hen House blog founders Mariann Sullivan and Jasmin Singer - who was interviewed for the story - are asking folks to go onto the site and recommend the link to others. So if you have time, please do.

Meanwhile... the Chicago Diner (vegan) Ginger Molasses cookies on my counter are calling my name... I know, I know, it is 10:00 at night already and I really shouldn't eat anything else... but I am quite sure I hear "Amy, Amy" wafting out of my kitchen... really only one way to silence that, you know...

1 comment:

Tyler January said...

I stay in touch with all the vegan events in my area through my city's Vegan Community Website http://www.veganaustin.org/event.php?id=299

I'm lucky to live in such a great city with so much vegan activism, perhaps your city also has a vegan collective with meetups, events, and info for you on how to get involved in things like this in the future.

The worldwide bakesale was held during Earth Day-Week to promote green living, the vegan lifestyle and raise money for various animal causes. Here in Austin all procedes went to AUstin Pets Alive, a no kill, animal rescue shelter that helps give animals med. treatment, and find new, good, forever homes.

:)